This small palace was built by a knight, Georg von Holbach during the 16th Century, and a style similar to that of the Town Hall was chosen. The decorative gables of brick, the corner oriel window with its tracery, and a porch with seating niches already display Renaissance characteristics. The name “Kitzerstein” was first adopted in the 17th Century and is unexplained to this day.
This small palace has been home to the Saalfeld Town School of Music since 1955.
Go through the large archway, turn right and proceed down the hillside.